Hello

Sunday, December 26, 2010

End of 2010


Christmas is finally over. All the preparation, planning and shopping is done and in 35 minutes the kids unwrapped all their presents and it was done. We had a good Christmas, lot's of running from house to house to see family. Someday we'll have it at our house and the families can all come to us! The kids scored in the present division though, I think everyone got what they were wanting from Santa.

Recap of the last couple of months ~
The kids came back from their summer vacation to Alaska and we got them ready for school. Jessica off to 11th grade, Zach into 9th, Nate in 8th and Emily in 5th grade. Seems like we blinked and it's already Christmas. The time just flies by. We keep busy with the kids daily activities and the days just disappear. I can't even focus on one specific thing we do to keep the kids busy. Steve and I celebrated our birthdays at the Seahawks game. We had a good Halloween that seemed crazy. Zach joined DECA and went to a conference to learn about competing. We had our first snow around Thanksgiving, not much just a couple of inches but enough to shut down school for a couple of days. And it seems like we've had a few more windstorms this year than normal.

On the health side ~
I had some health scares at the start of summer. I went to the doctor for consults to have my gallbladder removed. While they were doing the testing (an ultrasound) it was noted there was a growth on my liver. I was sent for a MRI which showed there was not a growth on my liver but there was a growth on my small intestine. I was sent for an upper GI. Oh, and the MRI did confirm I do have gallstones. The upper GI cleared me of everything and the surgeon said it was probably food. Are you kidding me? All of that and I'm fine. Other than the fact I still have gallstones, and my gallbladder. At some point I'm going to have to have it removed but I just can't seem to find the time to take off work yet.

We also had a little scare the last few weeks with Steve and his heart. He thought he was having a heart attack and after multiple tests he has gotten the all clear and we believe it was stress, anxiety or inflammation of the chest wall. His cholesterol is good and the other tests show a strong healthy heart.


We attempted a family picture of the kids this year. And got brave and tried to include the dogs. Here's what we came out with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment